Welcome to AMBA's Special Needs information page for families with multiples.
If you find yourself visiting this site, chances are you are currently experiencing your own personal roller-coaster ride, or know someone who is. Families with multiples are in an unusual position of often having one child leading the way and highlighting how different their sibling can be. Whilst it can be normal to develop at different paces, this can be quite confronting for some families when one child is significantly delayed.
Perhaps as time goes by, you have begun to notice some differences between your children. It is not uncommon for some conditions not to be evident at birth. If more than one of your children has special needs, then you will have an extra workload which is not experienced by many in the community.
The aims of AMBA's Special Needs service are:
- To provide information about various disabilities to families who have a child with special needs. (refer to links below)
- To facilitate meetings with other families in similar circumstances
- To offer support during challenging times
- To help families process the information given to them which may be contributing to confusion
- To provide empathic, friendly support
- To provide support through the use of emails and phone calls.
- To find your nearest club contact for special needs, you can use the club finder.
Join the Special Needs register
You don't need to be an AMBA member to register or make use of the register. We have developed this register form for families with special needs. The aim of the register is to provide a means for personal contact between parents and families where disabilities/special needs may exist. This will then provide these families with the opportunity of offering each other friendship and support.
It is free to register and use the service, download the Special Needs fegister form and either email it to
or post it to:
PO Box 105, Coogee NSW 2034