AMBA is a founding member of the International Council of Multiple Birth Organizations (ICOMBO), an international organisation consisting of multiple birth organisations from approximately 30 countries.
The mission of ICOMBO is to raise awareness of the unique needs of multiple – birth infants, children, adults and their families promoting their health, education and welfare.
ICOMBO’s objectives are to:
- Promote the principles detailed in the Declaration of Rights and Statement of Twins and Higher Order Multiples.
- Provide a structure to enable individuals and multiple-birth organisations to share and develop resources.
- Promote and conduct projects and research regarding multiple birth development, care, and education.
- Disseminate information and results of ICOMBO research projects particularly via Twin Research.
- Promote membership of ICOMBO to multiple birth organisations worldwide.