Notice is hereby given that the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) will be held on Wednesday 9 December 2020 at 8:30pm AEDT as a virtual meeting via GoToWebinar. Check your club email for the registration link.
- the notice of meeting and agenda
- the directors' explanatory statement
- the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- FY20 audited financial statements
- the AMBA standing orders
At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- find out about AMBA's operations and finances
- ask questions about the operations and finances of AMBA
- speak about any items on the agenda
- vote on any resolutions proposed
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote to:
- accept the minutes of the last annual general meeting
- ratify the host of the next convention
- appoint an auditor
- appoint a patron
- elect directors
Details of delegate or proxy appointment:
- All member-clubs are invited to participate in the AGM either through the appointment of an official delegate who will be attending in person, or by the provision of proxy authority
- Delegate appointments and proxy authorities are to be provided via the online forms by 5pm AEDT on Saturday 5 December 2020
- Information for members on appointment of delegates or proxy authorities is provided in the explanatory notes below
At the AGM, only the one official representative of each club may speak. This person is called the official delegate. An unofficial delegate may sit beside them to discuss business. The chairperson may invite others to speak.
To ensure an opportunity for full understanding of all proposed business at the AGM, the board will host a webinar where all motions will be discussed and member-clubs may ask clarification questions to enable them to make informed voting decisions. The webinar will be held on Wednesday 25 November 2020 at 8:30pm AEDT. Please register here to attend.
All member-clubs are invited to participate in the AGM either through the appointment of an offical delegate who will be attending in person, or by the provision of proxy authority. Only current financial member-clubs are eligible to vote at the AGM. Only the official delegate or proxy of a member-club may exercise the member-club's entitlement to vote at the AGM, and be counted towards a quorum.
Under clause 31.1 of the AMBA Constitution, each member-club has one vote for every 40, or part thereof, of its full and life members.
Delegate appointments for the AGM are to be notified to the AMBA board using the delegate form by 5:00pm AEDT on Saturday 5 December 2020.
Proxies may only exercise voting rights in relation to agenda notified items, ie. only items of business in the agenda that member-clubs have had an opportunity to discuss prior to the AGM.
The form appointing a proxy must be received by the AMBA board by 5:00pm AEDT on Saturday 5 December 2020.