Notice is hereby given that the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) will be held on Saturday 5 November 2022 at 2:30pm AEDT in the Lennox Rooms at Novotel Sydney Parramatta, 350 Church Street, Parramatta.
- the notice of meeting and agenda
- the directors' explanatory statement
- the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- FY22 audited financial statements
- the AMBA standing orders
- AMBA Constitution 2021
At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- find out about AMBA's operations and finances
- ask questions about the operations and finances of AMBA
- speak about any items on the agenda
- vote on any resolutions proposed
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote to:
- accept the minutes of the last annual general meeting
- ratify the host of the next convention
- appoint an auditor
- appoint a patron
- elect directors
Details of delegate or proxy appointment:
- All member-clubs are invited to participate in the AGM either through the appointment of an official delegate who will be attending in person, or by the provision of proxy authority
- Delegate appointments and proxy authorities are to be provided via the online forms by TBC-date
- Information for members on appointment of delegates or proxy authorities is provided in the explanatory notes below
All member-clubs are invited to participate in the AGM either through the appointment of a delegate who will be attending in person, or by the provision of proxy authority. At the AGM, only the one official representative (delegate or proxy) of each club may speak. The chairperson may invite others to speak.
Only current financial member-clubs are eligible to vote at the AGM. Only the delegate or proxy of a member-club may exercise the member-club's entitlement to vote at the AGM, and be counted towards a quorum.
Under clause 31.1 of the AMBA Constitution, each member-club has one vote for every 40, or part thereof, of its full and life members.
Under clause 34.1(c) of the AMBA Constitution the voting for the 2022 AGM will be conducted prior to the meeting being held. Votes will be cast at the time of nominating the member-club's delegate or proxy.
Delegate appointments for the AGM are to be notified to the AMBA board using the delegate form by date-TBC.
Proxies may only exercise voting rights in relation to agenda notified items, ie. only items of business in the agenda that member-clubs have had an opportunity to discuss prior to the AGM.
The form appointing a proxy must be received by the AMBA board by date-TBC.
Delegate or proxy appointment due
Deadline for casting of votes
5 Nov 2:30pm AEDT
Annual General Meeting